Healthcare Marketing Pro
- Reference Code:
This candidate is a highly motivated, well respected and visionary marketing strategist, who during her career has led the launches of two of the biggest Rx drugs in pharma/biotech history. During her 13+ year tenure in the health care industry, she spent 10 years in a variety of marketing roles at a major pharma company, once the largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Additionally, she led an extremely successful team of marketers at a world renowned biotechnology company.
She has a diverse background of skills and talents, including but not limited to strategic branding, event marketing, TV/Radio/Print communications, convention strategy, PR, interactive/viral marketing, sales training and strategic messaging, ethnic marketing, as well as managed care marketing. She has extensive experience in both professional and Direct-To-Patient promotional strategy, and has written the 5 year strategic business plans for several blockbuster products. Her disease state experience includes work in the cardiovascular, ophthalmology, diabetes, and neurology spaces, with some oncology-based project work.
Some of her most distinctive accomplishments have included:
- Leading the first branded co-promote partnership with Major League Baseball in her company’s history; the 4 year sponsorship not only opened the door for other this Pharma company’s products and sports partnerships, but it drove market share for their blockbuster brand.
- Lead the first branded concert series tour with a world renown rock band, the first not only in her employers history, but also in pharmaceutical history. The event sponsorship generated several million hits to the branded website as well as to her employer’s website, and drove the successful cardiovascular screening of over 20,000 potential patients.
- Developed and executed a successful ethnic marketing campaign, addressing specific cardiovascular concerns within African-American and Hispanic communities who tend to suffer at significantly higher rates overall. This outreach not only drove those patients to seek help, but also educated physicians in those areas on how to proactively screen those patients.
- Lead the most successful launch in the history of the biotech company, by partnering with the retina and ophthalmology community to prevent and reverse the damage done by wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Within 36 hours of FDA approval, her marketing team had provided the sales teams with the appropriate branded materials to begin selling, and the drug hit $1B in only 14 months. This exceeded investors’ and the biotech’s senior leadership expectations three-fold.
Most recently, this candidate was recruited by a leading marketing consultancy based in NJ to spearhead biotech-based business on the west coast:
- As an SVP of Business Development, she was responsible for approximately $3MM in new business per year;
- She garnered the status of Agency of Record for a biotech in La Jolla who produces a leading Type 2 diabetes drug and helped write the strategy for their upcoming new product launch. This represented over $2MM in business to the consultancy;
- She was asked by the senior partners and the CEO to help lead a new promotional marketing arm of the company, based on her expertise in strategic branding;
- With very little resources, she partnered with the SVP of Creative Services and one partner and immediately landed two Agency of Record contracts with two upcoming biotech companies to assist in the branded promotional launch plan of their leading products.
Adding to her solid background is 3 years of Planning and Business Development at this biotech where she led the integration of that company’s merger with a major pharmaceutical company. She was responsible for analyzing and assessing redundancies in country offices in Asia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East and Japan. This intensive experience has added to her strategic and analytical capability immensely.
Lastly, this candidate was the sole beneficiary of her biotech employer’s minority fellowship program, which recruited her upon her receiving her MBA from an Ivy League Business School in 1997. Her advanced education did not stop there – while at her previous Pharma employer, her leadership awarded her the opportunity to complete an executive MBA course in “Strategic Thinking and Managing a Competitive Environment” at the Wharton School of Business.
This candidate seeks either a remote role or one located in the Bay Area that will allow her to lead business development and or client services whether as an individual or managing junior staff.
Interested in this candidate?
Candidate Inquiry* Required