Market Research Business and Product Development
- Reference Code:
Expert, results-driven product marketing, research and business development professional, with a clearly demonstrated track record of success in building brand demand and driving sales performance for in-line and new custom and syndicated market research products and services for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. A strong “seller-doer” with deep functional expertise in providing strategic project direction for all phases of qualitative and quantitative research to support the consultative selling process. Exceptionally strong client-facing skills.
New Business Development Highlights Include:
- As VP and Practice Leader both at two major pharmaceutical companies, personally developed from “ground up” new and highly innovative Managed Markets research businesses generating $1.4 MM and $1.7 MM during the first year at both companies respectively.
- Consistently exceeded forecasted practice area revenue goals by 28-35% at both companies.
- As a recognized industry “content expert,” successfully leveraged publishing in such trade magazines, such as PharmaVoice, and speaking at leading industry conferences to generate new sales leads that converted into 75% of new business.
- “Up-Sold” existing client projects to include Managed Markets research components.
- Conducted company Webinars leading to in-house client presentations, which generated new revenue streams.
New Product Development Highlights Include:
- Conducted “due-diligence” and competitive analysis to develop strong revenue generating strategic product/service business plans.
- Personally wrote all marketing collateral for new products.
- Successfully managed all phases of new product/services launches, including brand positioning.
Client Service Highlights:
- Presented “best practice” marketing research tutorials at client companies, which served as a highly successful consultative selling strategy.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in a 80% conversion rate through consultative involvement with client well-before the “request for proposal” stage.
- Involvement with client throughout all stages of the project execution process.
- Conducted client in-house presentations of top-line research results, along with the methodologist.
Interested in this candidate?
Candidate Inquiry* Required