Promo Med Ed Business Leader
- Reference Code:
This dynamic business leader offers a comprehensive background combining significant and varied Marketing, Sales, Continuing Medical Education, and teaching/training experience with scientific expertise. A visionary strategic planner, this candidate has an outstanding record of growing market share and demonstrated ability to energize and positively influence team members and clients.
This candidate has a proven track record of success and has consistently driven positive change throughout his career. He has the ability to quickly analyze situations and develop strategic approaches that produce positive outcomes for both team members and clients. He combines big picture thinking with effective and creative tactical implementation, particularly in terms of the application of contemporary digital technology, where his experience extends 25 years. Featuring a rare combination of high level scientific expertise and marketing talent, he has experience in cardiovascular (HTN, HF, Arrhythmias, Stroke, Diabetes, Thrombosis, Metabolic, etc.), Pulmonary (Asthma/Allergy and COPD, plus 5 years clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist and Pulmonary Function Technician), CNS disorders (particularly ADHD and comorbidities), Oncology, and Infectious Disease/Vaccines. This candidate has also been heavily involved in leading the strategic planning processes for a number of his organizations, including the development of strategic acquisition and growth plans, plus additional extensive experience in CME, where he has adapted contemporary adult learning theory, practice and outcomes measurement to scientific marketing.
Key positions have included:
- Vice President, Marketing and Business Development of a well-known full service Medical Communications company (promotional and rep access programs, Advisory Boards, scientific meetings and events, Advocacy Development, online custom content/resources, publication planning and management, clinician and patient education). Completely revamped both operations as well as played a key role in the reorganization of the company
- Director, Office of CME (significantly increased volume of activities and corresponding revenue, managed reorganization and ACCME reaccreditation process, implemented leading edge online outcomes evaluation/reporting application to comply with updated ACCME standards
- Director, Advocacy Development (leveraged KOL networks to drive sales of specialty drugs where conventional methods had proven ineffective
His personal successes include:
- Major Pharma Company – In an 11-year career, progressed from revamping the Professional Education department, including departmental computerization, electronic publishing, desktop animation, and increasing the sophistication, content (including electronic), attendance, KOL/faculty relationships, through Specialty Sales (multiple achievement awards), Sales Training in arrhythmia, hypertension/HF, with a focus on endothelial dysfunction/vascular biology, including a special award for Leading a Step Change in Performance for implementing a sophisticated, visionary, case scenario-based training program that enabled a 44 person sales force to achieve $135M in sales in an extremely, technical, competitive therapeutic area.
- Won the organization’s most prestigious award: the Gold Star Go-Getter Awards for three different assignments; a full line sales rep (Baltimore division), a hospital/institution specialist (Atlanta division) and a Product Manager. He had the distinction of becoming the first Brand Director for a Billion Dollar brand.
- Within a start-up business med ed firm – Three successive years of double digit growth (revenue and profit contribution) earning the distinction as the only senior executive, worldwide to qualify for the long term incentive award.
- Not satisfied with the “one-off” project based business, he undertakes a broadening and integration of services and pioneers the Agency- of-Record concept for the medical communications company. The company had distinct medical writing, symposia and special projects businesses that were sold independently. He had the vision of fulfilling broader, related needs with an overarching integrated communications plan for his customers. This became the standard model for the business going forward. The first example was the 8 year assignment for a key client.
- While working in a large parent organization – Organically grew the DMS (Diversified Marketing Services business unit) a combined 19% in revenue and 38% in profit contribution, while the parent business declined in 2006. DMS includes a peer-to-peer communications company, a market research company and a CME company.
This executive has managed both domestic as well as worldwide assignments; served as a member of executive committees, reporting to US CEOs, International business heads and Board Directors.
The candidate relishes a stiff challenge, relying heavily on the competitive spirit developed back in his professional sports career. He is a problem solver. He thinks creatively and seeks a broad prospective prior to tackling difficult assignments. He seeks or develops a staff that has a can-do philosophy and has extraordinary expectations for himself and his surrounding organization. He is a trusted leader with excellent communication skills.
Interested in this candidate?
Candidate Inquiry* Required