Director of Sales – Northeast Remote
Northeast Remote but will consider West Coast & Midwest
Promotional Digital Interactive
- Job Type:
- Relevant Work Experience:
3-5 years minimum sales experience calling on Pharma
- Education Level:
- Career Level:
Salary plus uncapped commission
- Reference Code:
The Director of sales will be accountable and responsible for coordinating the strategy, management, and revenue of assigned key pharmaceutical, biotech, medical diagnostics and life science agency customers. The Director of sales will, plan, and execute the overall account to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives at the assigned key customers across the all three lines of Companies holding’s products and services as well as partner products and services.
Company provides the life science industry with highly targeted interactive marketing, education, content, and research solutions. Through these means, they help healthcare professionals provide the best care by enabling them to stay current on the ever-evolving practice of medicine. They are now the nation’s leading specialty physician portal and provider of online marketing solutions to the life sciences industry.
Director of Sales Development Responsibilities:
The Director of Sales will be responsible for identifying key decision makers and facilitating strong relationships across multiple levels within the key account. It is the Director of Sales charter to facilitate a long-term mutually beneficial business partnership with the Key Customers which may include brand teams, managed care teams, e-Marketing teams, Vice President/C-level contacts and other decision makers and stakeholders.
- Coordinate the overall account management for the Key Customers to whom they are assigned
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of 5-10 accounts in the life sciences sector. Will “hunt” and“farm” within these accounts and develop and maintain relationships from the operational through the ‘C’ level.
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives, maintaining existing and building new revenue within assigned key accounts in alignment with the individual line of business revenue goals.
- Will build, maintain and execute accurate and up to date strategic account plans.
- Develop, implement and drive the key account strategy, sales, pricing and deal execution to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives.
- Develop, nurture and facilitate direct relationship with Key Customers at all appropriate levels
- Partner with clients through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to deliver a value-adding business solution.
- Monitor and review Key Customer sales activity and make strategy adjustments as needed.
- Integrate sales efforts across multiple pursuits within a key customer
- Partner with other Sales Professionals and product Development team to identify and develop new industry solutions
- Facilitate cross-selling opportunities to increase revenue and leverage relationships in order to better penetrate an account.
- Ensure account objectives, strategies, tactics and progress are communicated to companies management team through weekly calls, and regular communication
- Develop, maintain, and communicate key account and portfolio level pipeline and revenue forecasts to sales management on a weekly basis
- Participate in and contribute to the professional development of sales team members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of Business or Marketing is preferred and MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years outside sales experience is required. Sales experience in selling e-Marketing and/or other information products and solutions, preferably in the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industry.
- Candidates should be self-motivated with demonstrated sales ability and a long proven record of key customer development and quota overachievement. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Moderate travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated success in leading, motivating and developing individuals and high performance teams.
- Strong understanding of business beyond core functional expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital marketing (mobile, web2.0, social media, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel ability
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
Company offers a very competitive total compensation package including:
- Base salary is based on experience and other factors
- Target commissions at plan based on objective (commissions are uncapped) only to be discussed directly by phone. Please call James Zeigler, 904.853.5166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Car mileage reimbursement for business purposes
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 401K (including matching)
- Home office expense reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, etc.
Interested in this position?
Position Inquiry* Required