Medical Education Business Group – Finance Director (NYC)
- Job Type:
- Relevant Work Experience:
7-10 years of accounting experience
- Education Level:
BS Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA
- Career Level:
Commensurate with Experience
- Reference Code:
A New York City based global professional services firm, is currently seeking a Business Group Finance Director to manage the global financial operations of our Medical Education businesses. This is the perfect opportunity for the right candidate to be a key contributor to a growing organization.
This position is responsible for managing the financial operations of our Medical Education businesses, assisting the business presidents and management with monitoring, reporting and analysis, working with the CFO to implement policies and procedures, monitor performance, manage cash flow, analysis and forecasting, and interact with local finance teams on accounting issues.
Position reports to the Global CFO with dotted line reporting to the business presidents.
- Work with CFO to develop financial policies and procedures for businesses and monitor compliance.
- Work with CFO to develop financial metrics for businesses and work with business presidents and management to meet metrics established.
- Monitor project profitability and work with business management to identify issues and implement corrective actions
- Work with business management and finance to identify and re-engineer inefficient business and project delivery processes
- Work with management to review project budgets and pricing. Propose adjustments to cost based model based on analysis
- Work with business management and finance to manage collections and invoicing of unbilled projects
- Review and provide input on client Master service agreements, contracts and statements of work.
- Work with business management on sales forecasting and monthly P&L forecasts
- Work with project management and finance on monthly revenue recognition
- Work with business presidents on annual budget
- Special projects as requested by CFO and management
Requirements: The skills, experience, and knowledge required to be considered for this position include:
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA
- Seven to ten years of accounting experience
- Previously provided financial management in a project based business or division
- Possess a good working knowledge of GAAP and sound accounting practices and procedures
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills; experience with automated accounting packages
- Strong management, organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented, “Hands on” multi-tasker
- Transfer pricing experience a plus
Interested in this position?
Position Inquiry* Required