Sr. Creative Copywriter
- Job Type:
- Relevant Work Experience:
5+ years pharma writing in advertising
- Education Level:
- Career Level:
Commensurate with Exp.
- Reference Code:
Senior Copywriter to work in the Creative department of this Healthcare Communications Agency is needed. This company’s strategic difference is leveraging their deep understanding of science in their communications. They connect the dots between their clients and healthcare practitioners, sales representative, and patients. They take pride in developing innovative solutions to solve their clients’ most difficult challenges.
In this role, you will take a leadership role in writing advertising copy and creating concepts that achieve the goals of the company’s clients and the agency by presenting information in a persuasive, accurate, informative, concise, and communicative manner.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, science, marketing, or related field of study.
- 5-plus years of pharmaceutical writing experience in advertising or related field.
- Preferred that candidate has experience in writing for pharmaceutical product launch and be familiar with the creation of key materials for product launches.
- Preferred that candidate has experience in writing/producing for video, interactive, broadcast, and trade shows.
- Preferred that candidate has attended at least one ad/concept/message testing session.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deeper understanding of technical aspects of design production (details, grids, chart and graphs for example).
- Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; see as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions.
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues and needs, the progress of work and results.
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client’s business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Experience/proficiency with the Macintosh operating system, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office. Web design experience is helpful (Dreamweaver, Flash).
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create the most effective presentation of the material.
- Read, analyze, ask questions and become sufficient about the technical aspects of each product.
- Willingness to learn effective presentation skills.
- Provide peer and subordinate feedback on creative products to insure a high level of effectiveness.
- Understand marketing and medical regulatory issues in regards to correct/allowable copy usage.
This position is located in North Carolina. This 6-year old company is privately held and has over 60 employees.
Interested in this position?
Position Inquiry* Required